Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival (TGHFF) is organized by Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival Executive Committee under the authority of the Motion Picture Development Foundation R.O.C. The 2022 TGHFF will take place from November 2nd to 20th, 2022.
- The festival accepts feature-length films of all types and forms, including but not limited to drama, documentary, experimental, and animation films.
Please note that the festival only accepts films that meet the following requirements:
- Over 60 minutes in length.
- Completed after January 1st, 2021.
- Available for a Taiwan Premiere.
- To submit your films, please register as a Golden Horse member first at the festival’s official website.
- The festival accepts DCP and 35mm film prints for exhibition. All selected films will be screened in their original version. In principle, films with non-English dialogues must be subtitled in either English or Traditional Chinese. The festival will screen the films with Traditional Chinese subtitles projected from an electronic system.
- The submission is open from June 1st to August 1st , 2022. The Festival is not obliged to view late entries.
- Please fill in the entry form online. You could either upload the film or provide an online preview link as the submission materials. (We only accept MOV & MP4 files under 2 GB. The submission materials should be downloadable, and the password should be valid until October 2022.) Once the entry form is completed, you will receive an email confirming that you have successfully submitted the film.
- Submission materials will not be returned. They will be kept in the festival's digital library and may be viewed for cultural purposes only.
If your film is selected, you will receive a system notification email before Oct.5th. Upon receiving the email, please send the required materials to email@example.com. The materials list is as follow:
- 3-5 Film stills (at least 300 dpi)
- A photo, biography & filmography of the director
- Press kit or production note
- Trailer / Poster / Original sound track (if available)
- Dialogue lists in English and in original language (if available)
- Signed Authorization Form (Enter Submission List to print out.)
- The festival is granted the rights to use the film stills/text/extracts (limited to 10% of the total length and not exceeding 3 minutes) provided by the participant to promote the film. This regulation also applies for online promotion.
- The festival may keep a screener copy of any film selected. The screener copies can only be used for purposes strictly related to festival screenings, which includes but not limited to internal previews, translation/subtitling work, and the necessary submissions to the Ministry of Culture in Taiwan for screening approval. The screener copies of the selected films will also be stored in festival’s video room, where only film industry professionals are granted the access during the festival.
- All copies of selected films will be destroyed/erased after the festival.
- For the selected films, the festival will provide shipping details and pay for round-trip transportation of the print. However, if the print is to be sent to another festival, the print receiver should cover the shipping costs.
- All prints will be returned within four weeks after the festival. Please provide the return address for the print together with the desired date of arrival on the application form.
- Damages to the film print must be reported to the festival in writing within four weeks after receiving the returned print and before any following screening. If a film print is damaged or lost during the festival, the festival is only responsible for the costs associated with making a new print or replacing the damaged reel(s) based on the current laboratory rates for ordering a standard print.